Introduction to setting up a Polish branch
Establishing a branch of your company in Poland is done so under the authority of the Freedom of Business Act. Much of the process involved in setting up a branch is similar to that for a company, although there are regulations on the naming of the branch; it must take the name of the parent company, suffixed with “oddzial w Polsce” (branch in Poland).
What are the formalities regarding Polish branches?
- The parent company’s original extract from the Companies Register
- A copy of the parent company’s Certificate of Good Standing
- A copy of the parent company’s Certificate of Incorporation
- A copy of the Memorandum & Articles of Association or partnership agreement from the parent company
- POA from the members of the Polish branch’s management board
- A branch representative – to be a Polish national, or non-Polish national with an address in Poland and registered in the National Court Register as such
These documents are required in order for branch registration with the National Court Register.
All required documentation must be notarised, apostilled, and translated into Polish by a certified translator.
What are the accounting requirements for a Polish branch?
- The branch must register for VAT with the Polish Tax Authorities as well as obtaining a tax identification number (NIP)
- Monthly accounting records must be submitted in accordance with Polish law, and annual returns must also be filed with the Polish court and tax office
- The branch should also set up a Polish bank account.
Further information on accountancy and tax rates in Poland can be found by contacting our partners Accountancy In Europe.
What office facilities are available when registering a branch?
A Polish branch is required to have a registered office, providing an effective address for the correspondence of the branch.
The following types of office are also available:
- Virtual offices provide telephone, fax and mail forwarding services off-site
- Serviced offices provide all the essential business facilities and are ready for immediate occupation
Branch formation packages
We will handle every aspect of the branch formation for you. Using our expert knowledge we can offer a branch formation package in which we organise services such as branch and VAT registration and office facilities, so you can leave it all in our capable hands.
Our expert knowledge of European formation requirements and range of branch formation packages can also help you set up multiple branches. The benefits for establishing multiple branches include client security and new business from the local area, and we can manage everything from start to finish.
For further information please send an enquiry or contact us using the form below.