Romania has pulled off a minor economic miracle in recent years, sweeping aside the remnants of socialist planning and transforming itself into a model of free-market reform. Now a full member of the EU, and with GDP moving ahead briskly at more than 5% annually, Romania is one of Europe’s most promising locations for investors wishing to set up a new company. For many, however, it is uncharted territory, which is why expert help is advisable to steer you safely to success. Contact us for further information about the Romanian company formation services we provide.
Romanian Company Incorporation
Company Formation FAQs
- How has EU membership changed Romania’s business climate?
- How have international investors responded to these changes?
- What is the rate of Corporation Tax?
- What are the most common types of Romanian Company Formation?
- How much share capital is required for a Limited Liability Company (SRL)?
- What are the other key features of a Limited Liability Company (SRL)?
- How much share capital is required for a Joint Stock Company (SA)?
- What are the features of a Joint Stock Company (SA)?
- What other types of Romanian Company are there?
- What is the regulatory environment like for those considering Company Incorporation Romania?
- How easy is it to recruit staff in Romania?
- Are there financial incentives available for those wishing to set up business in Romania?
- How easy is it to close a Romanian company?
- What about banking facilities?
Branch and Subsidiary Information
Open a Subsidiary in Romania
Romania offers various incentives to foreign investors, including reductions in tax, double taxation treaties, and repatriation of dividends and profits made in the country. Foreign investors will also be treated as equals with domicile businesses. The establishment of subsidiaries in Romania is regulated by the Law on Commercial Companies.