Britain’s fastest-growing companies
The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 ranks the fastest-growing private companies in Britain. This year’s list is being compiled by Oxford research and networking events company Fast Track. Sponsors include Barclays, Virgin, and RSM Tenon.
The definitive list previous featured companies such as Cath Kidston, Carphone Warehouse, and chip designer ARM Holdings and is now in its
17th year of publication.
Publication date of the 2013 Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 is December so companies have until the 4th of October to submit their details. In order to be considered however, qualifying criteria must be met:
- The Company must be registered in the UK, unquoted and not a subsidiary.
- Company sales must exceed £5m in the most recent year (2012 or 2013) and £250,000 in the base year (2009 or 2010).
- Year-on-year sales growth must be demonstrated in the most recent year – so from 2011 to 2012, or 2012 to 2013), as well as sales forecast growth.
- The operating profit of the company must exceed £500,000 in the most recent year (2012 or 2013).
- There must be 10 or more employees in the most recent year (2012 or 2013).
- Technology companies are excluded from the Fast Track 100 as they fall under the Tech Track 100 league table.
You can register your company online at www.fasttrack.co.uk. Qualifying companies that make the Fast Track 100 will be invited to attend a conference and awards dinner in May 2014 which will be hosted by successful British entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson.
Companies that do not meet all the criteria but forecast good sales growth may be considered for the Sunday Times Ones to Watch programme if they fail to make the Fast Track 100.