Introduction to setting up an Irish branch
Ireland offers many incentives towards foreign investment, making it a popular choice for branches.
A foreign company setting up a branch in Ireland must do so in accordance with the EU (Branch Disclosures) Regulations 1993, which oversees branch establishment in Ireland.
A recently passed act expediting company registration with the Companies Registration Office means that Irish branch formation is now a relatively quick process.
What are the formalities regarding Ireland branches?
A registered office address in the Republic of Ireland
- The completion and signature of the F12 registration form for EU countries, or F13 registration form for non EU countries
- An authenticated copy of the parent company’s Charter and Constitution
- An authenticated copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the parent company
- An authenticated copy of the Certificate of Incorporation of the parent company
- A legal representative
- An Irish resident to ensure compliance with the EU Branches Disclosures Act
- Copies of the latest accounting documents as required by Regulation 4(2) (i) or Regulation 7(2) (j)
The documents above are required by the Companies Registration Office in Ireland within one month of the branch being set
up, in order for branch registration.
All documentation must be notarised and translated into English by a certified translator.
What are the accounting requirements for an Ireland Branch?
The relevant tax authorities should be notified for VAT registration of the branch.
In Ireland branch companies are obligated to record annual accounts and audited reports for the parent company with the Companies Registration Office. These should be sent with Form F7 attached.
Further information on accountancy and tax rates in Ireland can be found by contacting our partners Accountancy In Europe.
What office facilities are available when registering a branch?
The following types of office are available in Ireland:
- Registered offices are a minimum requirement, providing an address for branch correspondence
- Virtual offices provide telephone, fax and mail forwarding services off-site, allowing you to maintain business professionalism without a physical office
- Serviced offices provide all the essential business facilities and are ready for immediate occupation
Branch formation packages
We will support you through every stage of the branch incorporation process using our expert knowledge and experience. Aspects of the branch formation procedure such as VAT registration and back account set up are included in our branch formation packages so you can leave it all to us.
Our unique one stop solution for all European formation requirements also offers formation packages to set up multiple branches. The advantages of establishing a single branch extend to multiple branches, meaning that you can reach out further to new markets and build greater awareness of your company.
For further information please send an enquiry or contact us using the form below.