Introduction to setting up an Estonian branch
Estonia’s relatively relaxed business environment makes it popular for foreign investment, but there are certain rules to abide by when setting up a branch. All company formation and business proceedings are regulated by the Commercial Code and so you must adhere to this when establishing a branch in Estonia.
What are the formalities regarding Estonian branches?
- A copy of the parent company’s Certificate of Incorporation
- A copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the parent company
- A copy of the parent company’s Certificate of Good Standing
- A registered office
- The authorisation document certifying the authority of the Estonian branch representative – to be an Estonian resident with active legal capacity
- At least one company director must be an Estonian, Swiss, or EU resident
These documents are required for registration of the branch with the Estonian Commercial register.
All documentation provided must be notarised, apostilled and translated into Estonian by a certified translator.
What are the accounting requirements for an Estonia branch?
The branch must apply to the National Tax and Customs Board for VAT registration. VAT taxation is subject to annual turnover; turnover exceeding €16 000 is VAT payable. VAT returns should be filed monthly.
Annually audited accounts must be submitted to the Commercial Register and an annual tax report must be filed with the Tax and Customs Board.
The branch must set up and maintain an Estonian bank account in accordance with the Estonian Accounting Act.
For further information on accountancy and tax rates in Estonia please contact us.
What office facilities are available when registering a branch?
A registered office is the minimum requirement for an Estonian branch. The following offices are also available:
- Virtual, including off-site telephone, fax and mail forwarding facilities to maintain the business professionalism of a physical office
- Serviced, including all business services necessary for the branch and ready for immediate occupation
For a quote regarding your office rental, please contact us.
Branch formation packages
We will handle every aspect of the branch formation for you. Using our expert knowledge we can offer a branch formation package in which we take care of setting up an Estonian bank account and registering for VAT, among other services. You can relax in the knowledge that we will organise everything.
Our unique one stop solution for all European formation requirements also offers formation packages to set up multiple branches. The benefits for establishing multiple branches include a greater global presence and client security, and we can manage the entire formation of the branches for you.
For further information please send an enquiry or contact us using the form below.