OPEN A BRANCH IN MALTA
Introduction to setting up a Malta branch
Malta encourages foreign investment into the country with its excellent business environment and various financial incentives. The establishment of a branch in Malta is overseen by the Maltese Companies Act which declares the requirements for branch registration.
What are the formalities regarding Malta branches?
- a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation of the parent company
- a copy of the parent company’s Memorandum & Articles of Association
- a copy of the Certificate of Good Standing of the parent company
- a Malta branch representative – personal bank reference letters, professional references and a certified true passport copy for the branch representative are required
- a secretary to the branch – required to be an individual and not a corporate body
The requirements shown above are needed for branch registration with the Registrar of Companies within a month of the branch being set up.
All required documentation should be apostilled and translated into English by an official translator.
What are the accounting requirements for a Malta Branch?
The parent company is required to file annual audited financial accounts to the Registrar of Companies.
A Malta branch is required to register for VAT with the Maltese VAT department and file returns quarterly. Annually audited tax accounts should be filed with the Inland Revenue.
For further information on accountancy and tax rates in Malta please contact us.
What office facilities are available when registering a branch?
There are three types of office available for branches in Malta:
- Registered offices allow branch correspondence through a registered address.
- Virtual offices maintain business professionalism while providing off-site communication with the branch, including services such as telephone, fax and mail forwarding.
- Serviced offices are ready for immediate occupation and include all necessary business services.
Branch formation packages
Our branch formation packages include bank account set up, VAT registration, and a registered office. This means you can relax in the knowledge that our experts will organise every aspect of the branch formation process for you.
Establishing multiple branches extends the benefits that come with registering a branch in Malta, such as increased exposure and new business with local companies. We provide a unique one stop solution that can take care of all your European formation requirements.
For further information please send an enquiry or contact us.