Introduction to setting up a Ukrainian branch
The Ukraine is favourable to foreign investment and offers various incentives to encourage investors. Foreign companies looking to establish a branch in the Ukraine can benefit from the country’s skilled labour force, huge consumer market and geographical location as the trading bridge between Europe, Asia and Russia.
What are the formalities regarding Ukrainian branches?
- A registered address
- A copy of the parent company’s Certificate of Incorporation
- A copy of Memorandum & Articles of Association of the parent company
- A copy of the parent company’s Certificate of Good Standing
- The appointment of a Ukrainian branch representative
- If the directors of the branch are not Ukrainian citizens, work permits are required
These documents are required by the Ukrainian Ministry of Economy for registration of the branch.
All documents are required to be notarised, apostilled and translated into Ukrainian by an official translator.
What are the accounting requirements for a Ukrainian Branch?
If the branch is planning active economic activities it must register for tax with the Ukrainian State Tax Administration. The branch accounts must comply with Ukrainian legislation; VAT returns should be filed monthly and tax returns annually.
Corporate taxation for branches of foreign parents is the same as for domicile companies.
The parent company is required to appoint a qualified accountant and official auditor for the branch.
For further information on accountancy and tax rates in the Ukraine, please contact us.
What office facilities are available when registering a branch?
The following types of office are available in the Ukraine:
- Registered offices –provide effective correspondence of the branch
- Virtual offices – provide off-site communication facilities such as telephone, fax and mail forwarding
- Serviced offices – provide all necessary business services and are ready for immediate occupation
Branch formation packages
We will handle every aspect of the branch formation for you. Using our expert knowledge we can offer a branch formation package that organises services such as branch and VAT registration, so you can rely on us to set up your branch in an efficient and professional manner.
Our experience and expertise of all European formation requirements provides a range of branch formation packages that can also help you set up multiple branches. The benefits for establishing multiple branches include further increased exposure and new business, and we can manage the entire process from start to finish.
For further information please send an enquiry or contact us using the form below.